Application deadline: Open
We are currently looking to hire a Videographer / Video Editor for our growing team in Waterloo, Ontario.
Conceive and develop creative solutions and strategic goals through audiovisual assets.
Generate ideas for video projects for Marketing and Communications. Execute shoots on-site/on location including audio, camera operation, and talent directions. Additionally handle assignments requiring special lighting, multiple locations, creativity, special audio needs, custom graphics, and animation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scouts shoot locations and assess possible obstacles in filming to provide solutions or alternatives.
- Plan and perform video post-production tasks, including reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, adding photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music, and final editing using Adobe Premiere software; utilize computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts.
- Compress/encode video projects for output; make video products available in a variety of formats.
- Observe brand standards to ensure consistency and relevancy to production.
- Monitor technical quality of end product; and coordinate internal and external duplication services as required.
- Determine content and format of productions, operate editing equipment, and implement a variety of positive and negative feedback from various sources as necessary.
- Produces educational, instructional, or event-based videos as requested by the Marketing Department including defining objectives, shooting in studio and remote locations, and conversion of existing video formats for video editing.
- Create material used for, but not limited to shooting videos, and conducting field interviews.
- Edit material for television broadcast, social media, web applications, or schedule guests as needed.
- Direct multi-camera Marketing and Communications studio productions; supervise cameras, sound, character generator, teleprompter, and floor director positions in the course of a Marketing and Communications production.
- Stays informed about the current state of and future advances in video production technology and video distribution.
- Recommend new video support systems and hardware and software technologies based on analysis of colleague needs.
- Participate in projects to integrate new video technologies and test new hardware and software.
- Upload videos to the Web and Digital Asset Libray.
- Maintain the video gallery, YouTube channel, and Vimeo channel.
- Maintain the video production archive.
- Schedule studio production time for Marketing and Communications projects.
- Schedule video shoots.
- Maintain all equipment in proper working order.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other related duties as required.
Licenses, Tools, and Equipment:
- Must be proficient with computers and other peripheral devices, digital video cameras, microphones, and video editing hardware and software.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, InDesign, Lightroom, Illustrator.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Must have access to and use of own transportation.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree and minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience or, any combination of education and experience that is substantially equivalent to it.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of video production, as well as a thorough knowledge of audio, video, and multimedia hardware and software required.
- Must be available to work a non-standard schedule in order to fulfill assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collegially with faculty required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent