Application deadline: Open
Reporting directly to the Tool Room Supervisor with the responsibilities of maintaining production tooling, including but not limited to, sharpening, replacing broken/damaged punches and die sections, coil and gas springs, etc.
- Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment when required
- Work safely at all times and adhere to all Plant rules and regulations as they pertain to safety
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of completing all visual workstation hazard inspections and report all safety concerns to the Line Leader
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of identifying, maintaining, and producing top quality product at all times
- Ensure you are complying with Onward’s ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Die maintenance – assess tooling before and after production runs
- Sharpen and shim as required, as well as repair any damage
- Ensure safety of tool for production – stop blocks, slug clearance, etc.
- Engineering changes – assess change and implement change as per production requirements
- New Tool Building – construct components from CAD files provided and assemble for fit
- New Tooling Trial – test tool and quality control of first off part
- Design and develop fixtures and gauges for Engineering and Production and assist in the development of prototypes
- Assist in machine maintenance as required by Maintenance Department – fabricate replacement parts/repair damaged or worn components
- Use effective time management skills to meet daily production requirements efficiently
- Works accurately with a high attention to detail and focus on producing quality product
- Displays positive attitude and problem-solving skills in order to address and resolve production issues in a timely manner
- Plant environment with noise and temperature variations
- Regular hours Monday to Friday, overtime on weekends available
- Repetitive process and motions
- Some heavy lifting required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.